Wednesday, April 1, 2009

work today

Well, to begin, I just recently started working again. I have worked many places before always as something new. I have been an assistant, a waitress, a receptionist, and a hostess. Though, now I decided to be a babysitter. I love kids so this job was a great start. I am only working with one family right now. There are two kids, a 5 year old boy and a 3 year old girl. They are amazing. I love them as my own and I care for them very much. I see this job as a major responsibilty, more so than any job I've had. Obviously, this is because this is someone else's children that are in my hand so if anything happens it's my fault. But also because everything I say and do around them will influence them and they'r development. I love observing them in their ways because not only is it adorable and enjoyable, but also because I would like to be a child psychologist and this is the best way to learn. Therefore, I guess you can say my job right now is like a practice for my carreer. I guarantee not everyone can say that! heehee...
This job I started only 2 weeks ago, it's been going great and I feel since my responsibility is so great there my status is pretty good. I mean I'm not paid very well and I work short hours. But I do love kids and anyone who has enough patience to deal with them and care for them, I respect! My other jobs to me were just there, they were just my job. I would wake up go to work and head home and wait for my paycheck. Now, I go to work and enjoy every moment, even when I'm about to rip my hair out! (lol) My job as a hostess was also another job I enjoyed. I liked working in a restaurant and the people around me always set off a good vibe, so work wasn't bad. Though, there were some days where it was a complete drag! If business was slow I would have to stand and look pretty for hours, and that is not easy for me. I like work that has you doing something and that keeps me busy. I have too much energy to stand still for too long!
I wouldn't say my work is who I am, or my status. There really is a whole lot more to me than my job. NOt only because it's just a job, I feel, even when I have a carreer settled, I won't consider it as who I am.

No comments:

Post a Comment