Sunday, May 17, 2009

post #5

Considering we live in America, I think we contribute the most to our global economy. Any american, be it rich, poor, high class, low class, middle class, no class, all contribute to the exchange of money. So, therefore, I too contribute a whole lot. I consume alot. We all do. Actually, America itself consumes 30% of all goods in the entire world. We are what makes the gap between rich and poor so drastic. I work to then spend,be it on housing, school, food,or any other goods,I still spend. So, I am part of this huge cycle of money. I buy things (even though I wish I didnt) that are made by young adults in other third world countries. I consume more than they do and I live with it. It's really sad because I wish I could change it. I wish there was a way for me to help these people so that they can have more without someone having less. I am so glad Redman (director of the film) made the movie "Mardi Gras: Made In China" because people of America and other first world countries need to realize the value of the things they use. To them its nothing to throw some beads at people, but to the girls in the factory the beads are all they know. It's a terrible economy, its cruel and unfair. Though, what bothers me most is the owners of the companies, the bosses, the head of corporations who know the story behind all these products and still haven't done anything to help it. I can connect myself to the girls at the factory because I have baught beads before, though if i could have I would've handed my $1.09 to the girl who made the bead and not to the corporation.

No comments:

Post a Comment