Sunday, May 17, 2009

post #6

Honestly, even though its almost time to hand in my paper, I am still unsure of my essay question. My focus is on the status of the job. Because the person I have interviewed has had many jobs, all in such different fields, I feel that status is most related. Especially, the change in status with the change in career. Though with that I also want to include his status in the economy and how that changes him as a person and how it in the long run affects out society. I'm still working on the perfect thesis.


some of the questions I started off with to ask on my interview were:

1) was status something important at each job?
2)how did your status change?
3) was the labor more physical or more emotional?
4)what led you to want to change each job?
5)did your status change in society or to your family as your job changed?
6)what were your daily routines at each job?
7)did this affect your everyday life?
8)which job was most rewarding? least rewarding?
9)if you were to go back would you change how people saw you(your status)?
10) how does each job affect the economy? and vice-versa?


These questions did each lead to more questions so I got alot of information I needed and alot of information that didnt really count. Though, even with all that being said I still dont necessarily know exactly what my thesis question will be on my essay. That then leaves room for more research and more brainstorming!

No comments:

Post a Comment